Monday, November 23, 2009

The Homeless Teen

Hi, I am the homeless teen. You probably don’t relate to me or don’t understand me, but I am somebody. A somebody that has been looked down upon, a somebody that maybe doesn’t measure up to people’s standards, a somebody that has been through the fire, a somebody that doesn’t have a home, but I am a somebody.

I need love/nurturing/comfort/hope/help/chastening/hugs/Jesus/
God/salvation/teaching. Did I mention love?

I am
poor/needy/broken-hearted/unloved/unloveable/tall/small/large/lean/

too something it seems…

When I get in trouble, I need discipline. When I am lonely, I need a friend. When I am sick, I need a doctor. When my friends let me down, I need a dad to take me fishing. When I feel like I don’t fit in, I need understanding. When my clothes are worn out, I need a mom to take me shopping-even at Goodwill. When life gets too tough, I need a grandpa or grandma-they always understand. I need a loving family. Above all, I need God, but I have been told so many things about God, how do I separate truth from lies? Will you help me know God? Do you care? Are you out there? Anybody?



The homeless teen by:

Jeff Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment